Burstenhaus Redecker® Knob Dry Brush
Sorry, currently out of stock
The Burstenhaus Redecker® Knob Dry Brush:
* is made of medium strength bristles.
*is built with an ergonomically supportive knob for easy handling and control.
*contains scattered bristles measuring the diameter of almost 5 inches, filling the whole palm of your hand.
*provides a gentle application of tension when dry brushing the skin.
This is one of the simplest and easiest ways to improve your skin tone and well being. Dry Brush massage is an ancient practice brushing the whole body with repetitive strokes using a dry natural bristle brush to remove dead skin cells while stimulating the blood flow and the lymph nodes to deliver nutrients to the skin and banish waste and toxins from the body. Dry brushing is best carried out before a bath or shower so you can wash off the impurities.
HOW TO DRY BRUSH
- Start with a soft or medium-soft brush on dry skin.
- Always begin on the body parts farthest away from your heart. Begin at your toes, feet, then legs, followed by the arms - gently massaging towards the heart in 3-5 long strokes of the brush.
- In the area of the abdomen, massage with small, circular motions towards the heart. In circular motions move over the body, always moving upwards and inwards towards the heart with light pressure. Gradually increase pressure as you build your daily brushing routine.
- Should you choose to massage the skin on your face, neck and décolletage, use a VERY gentle brush, as the skin can be quite sensitive.
- Don’t forget in between your fingers, the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet.
- And now you are ready to shower or bathe….
Note: Slight reddening and warming of the skin are normal, though it usually remains only about five minutes. If it lasts longer, switch to a softer brush and lighten massage pressure. Never dry brush inflamed, broken, burned or otherwise irritated skin. Should you have any concerns, consult a dermatologist before using.
While we are great believers in sharing, we don’t recommend sharing your dry brush. It’s best for everyone in the household to have one to call their own.
HOW TO CARE FOR AND CLEAN YOUR DRY BRUSH
- How frequently you wash your dry brush really depends upon how often you use it. If you use it every day and you may wish to wash it every 6-8 weeks or so, if not more frequently.
- Using a gentle soap, such as Dr. Bonner®’s Castille soap or Mrs. Meyers® Dish Soap,
- take a small, dime size amount and rub it into the bristles using warm water. Scrub it in gently and rinse thoroughly.
- In a warm, dry place, allow the brush to dry bristles-size down wicking away from the wood.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Materials: Hog’s Hair, oiled Beechwood
Care: Clean bristles with gentle soap and warm water. Stand on bristles to dry thoroughly. This will keep the wood from splitting.
Store in a clean, dry place.
Bristles: ~ 5” Diameter X 1” H
Knob handle measures: 1 3/8” H
Overall: ~5” Diameter X 3 ¼” H
*This item is Final Sale.