Let’s finish the last half of 2019 with better skin. So we’ve got some tips to help you get it done:
- Water, drink plenty of water. Are you drinking enough water throughout the day? Pro-tip, incorporate water breaks during certain part of your day to the point where it becomes routine. Try drinking a glass of water right when you wake up or set your alarm for reminders. To increase the chances of drinking more water, try flavoring it with fresh fruits.
- Get enough sleep. So easy to say, but so difficult to do; we feel ya, we understand too. We all know how important sleep is for resetting the body. And it’s such a simple step to overall health.
- Good eats! Without a doubt, diet can influence your skin. For some, dairy is the culprit, but don’t count out sugar, high sodium foods, and gluten. So we’d say, be cautious about the foods you eat. It’s a good idea to start a food diary to help you determine what foods can impact your skin.
- There’s no way better than to have healthy skin by moisturizing your skin—every morning and night. And of course, moisturizing on just cleansed skin. Healthy sin requires moisture to help keep you face glowing.
- Bad habits are just that, bad. So keep your fingers away from your face. Growing up with severe acne, I picked my face and am still dealing with the consequences. If you still struggle with acne or having hormonal breakouts for the first time, my best advice is not to pick your pimples, NO MATTER WHAT. The temptation is there, but don’t give it, you’re stronger than that.
- Lastly, never leave your home without SPF on your face. Sun damage is the number way skin ages. So prevention is KEY. Other points are minimizing direct sun exposure, cover your skin as much as possible, and invest in a sun hat.
With these steps and tips, healthy skin is achievable. It does require extra TLC, but it’s oh-so worth it.